If you have made a New Year’s resolution to improve your fitness; do more exercise, increase your strength, eat a healthier diet, lose weight then fear not, help is at hand. The following tips will help you feel healthier, fitter and more energised:
- Getting your METs is first and foremost! If time is limited for exercising make cardiovascular exercise your first choice by using the largest muscle groups in a repetitive movement (example; walking, jogging, swimming etc.).
- Set realistic goals. If you cannot see yourself holding your exercise routine for a period of 15 weeks then the task is too great. The average time a person holds an exercise programme is 6-8 weeks; this is too short for life changing benefits.
- Be consistent, take small steps. Increase time, distance or repetitions of your workouts every 3 weeks. This allows the body time to adapt to the routine/stress level which makes advancing to a higher level easier and safer.
- Stay hydrated, drink at least 1.5 litres of water daily. Keep in mind high water-volume foods also provide your body with fluids. Fruits and vegetables are composed of 90 percent water.
- When it comes to eating healthy, losing weight or maintaining your current weight, you are more likely to be successful if you make small changes over time rather than changing your entire diet all at once.
For a consultation contact Marie at 085 196 5468 or email email@example.com to place your name on the waiting list for upcoming course.