- Get clearance from your Doctor before starting any fitness programme.
- Have a qualified Fitness Instructor design/guide your fitness programme.
- Walk a minimum of 3 days a week (advancing to 5 days).
- Incorporate resistance training 1 day a week (advancing to 2 days).
- Set a goal of 15 weeks to maintain consistency and see improvements in your fitness.
Aim to achieve 15-20 MET/hrs/week within one year of starting your programme.
5-10 MET/hrs/week 1-4 months
10-15 MET/hrs/week 5-8 months
15-20 MET/hrs/week 9-12 months
- Eat a healthy diet: high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, low in fat and high in fibre.
- Drink a minimum 1.5 litres of water a day (water is the most important nutrient).
- Keep a record of your training to see your improvements and help motivate you.
- A little a lot, is better than, a lot a little. (To do something often you have to enjoy what it is you are doing).
Copyright © 2017 Marie Murphy
All Rights Reserved.